Friday, May 17, 2013

Dear Mom.

Hello blog world - it's been a while. Of course, the usual things have kept me from updating this blog (a semester coming to a close, a heavy workload, biting off more than I can chew), but something else has put this blog on hiatus.



I just don't feel the need to write.

This blog started as a way for me to do a lot. Busy my mind during a lonely and uninspiring summer almost two years ago. Share my life with the woman who has, and continues to inspire, motivate and support me. Reinvigorate myself in those  moments that flood in when inspiration is hard to come by. It's all done a lot of good in my life. But I'm a totally different person than I was two years ago when I needed Dear Mom. I am independent, confident and excited about the world.

I don't need to write home to ask for advice, retell adventures or share the awesome things I find. It was a tool to keep me grounded. It was a way to make me feel at home.

But I don't need a home anymore. And I definitely don't want to feel grounded.

I'm excited to be thrown into the world. I'm excited to write for myself. I'm excited to discover and make my own amazing things. So, it seems I have outgrown this little ol' blog. I knew it would always happen, I just didn't realize it would be so hard to admit.

So tomorrow I move to New York City. I'm starting a life that excites/scares me to tears. But that's what I'm looking for. You can stay up to date via Instagram if you'd life, or this blog where I'll have some simple updates and photos.

And, with any luck, I'll continue to do some things worth writing home about.

2 comments:

  1. Hey! I know this is somewhat off topic but I was wondering which blog
    platform are you using for this site? I'm getting tired of Wordpress because I've had issues with hackers and
    I'm looking at options for another platform. I would be fantastic if you could point me in the direction of a good platform.

    My web blog - Get More Info

    ReplyDelete
  2. Natalie, you blog has both inspired and motivated in more ways than you can imagine. I hope the turning of this page in your life goes both smoothly and happily. I know you will prosper in New York City. Best of luck, babydoll.

    Much, Much love,
    Elissa

    ReplyDelete